Archives: BRAVA Rules
BRAVA Rules, August 2012 Posted August 15, 2012 by Lisa Strickland | BRAVA Rules | 0 Comments
- Please note: a Firefighter Pet Alert posted in the window serves no purpose when your house is ablaze.
- A Speedo is OK sometimes. A “mankini” is never OK.
- Admit it. You’re on Facebook because you never got over early childhood learning activities like Show and Tell.
BRAVA Rules, December 2011 Posted January 04, 2012 by Lisa Strickland | BRAVA Rules | 0 Comments
‘Tis The Season . . .
- Chances are, you’re the only person who finds your holiday sweater amusing.
- Definition of Holiday Madness: Believing that your holiday sweater works for the office. The weekend. Or (gasp!) a night out.
- Leave the slip dress in the closet. Avoid putting the “ho” in office holiday party.
BRAVA Rules, August 2011 Posted August 04, 2011 by Lisa Strickland | BRAVA Rules | 0 Comments
More on Annoying Business Jargon.
I would like to ban usage of the following:
- At the end of the day – ugh! Overused and stupid. I always think the speaker is trying to fill up space.
- It is what it is – as opposed to “it is what it isn’t”? Moronic statement.
- Out of the box – Put it back in the box, please. Encase box in concrete.
BRAVA Rules, July 2011 Posted July 02, 2011 by Lisa Strickland | BRAVA Rules | 0 Comments
- Attention Everyone: It’s called beachwear for a reason.
BRAVA Rules, June 2011 Posted June 10, 2011 by Lisa Strickland | BRAVA Rules | 0 Comments
- Unless you are involved in a military operation, use of the term “mission critical” is to be avoided.
- It is not okay to text while crossing an intersection.
- Saying “I’ll be honest with you” could very well be the reason nobody believes you.
- No kitty cat outfits at the office costume party.